Become part of our London GD Handball Club Family!
Thank you for your interest in joining London GD Handball Club, one of the oldest, most successful, and international handball clubs in the UK. We hope you have enjoyed your first training and are happy to become a new player in our club.
Below you can find useful information on Registration and Training Fees. Please reach out to our
if any questions arise.
Leagues and Competitions
In Season 2020/21 we are entering the following competitions:
- 1st Team Men and Women compete in the England Handball Association (EHA) Premier Handball League (PHL)
- 2nd team Men competes in the South East Regional League (Tier 1)
- Both 1st teams will take part in the England Handball National Cup
- Our juniors compete in the U16 Boys League Competition
- Despite the fact we qualified for the 2020/21 EHF Cup and EHF Challenge Cup, we are taking a break this year due to Covid-19
- The Club also hosts an annual tournament Copper Box International Handball Cup and we would love to run it again this season, assuming the pandemic situation stabilises
- Additionally, we join many different tournaments throughout the season i.e. Liverpool International Handball Tournament and the British Beach Handball Championships.
Registration and Training Fees
The season usually covers the period from August to May*. Over the summer, training continues as mixed sessions - often free of charge. We will provide more information closer to that time.
*Delayed start to season 2020/21 due to Covid-19, delays might occur to the expected end of the season too.
London GD Handball Membership Registration
LGD Basic Membership
£ 45.00 per year
Registration with London GD Handball Club and the EHA. This allows you to participate in friendly games and tournaments – not official EHA games.
Up to 50% discount on KEMPA products available from our London GD Online Store and potential other discounts from our other sponsors and partners (e.g., Pulseroll)
LGD Premium Membership
£ 75.00* per year
(£45 for basic membership and £30 for additional EHA registration admin costs)
*An additional £70 Kit Fee will be charged once the season officially starts
Registration with London GD Handball Club and the EHA. This allows you to participate in official EHA competitions.*
*The Registration Fee doesn’t cover the International Transfer Certificate (ITC). More details in the ITC section further below.
Following successful registration the club, members will be assigned a monthly GD Training Subscription. The unique method of payment will be Credit/Debit Card, unless for exceptional cases where one can’t be provided. Please speak to the Finance Director in such circumstances.
- First training is for free for new members
- Reduced training fees are applicable for the following:
- Students - 25% Discount (please provide us with your student ID)
- Veterans (over 35 years) - 50% Discount
- Club Volunteers - Please get in touch to find out more
Monthly Payment – Senior
£ 40.00 monthly (Student fees: £30.00)
*Subject to change depending on venue availability
Monthly Payment – Veteran (>35 years)
£ 20.00 monthly
This membership does not allow you to play official games and must be chosen with the Basic Membership Registration.
Cancellation, Refund and Missed Payments
Members can cancel a membership at any time from their online GD profile by sending an email to our Finance Director. Non-used training will not be refunded.
Members will also not be refunded for missed training sessions with the exception of special circumstances e.g. long term injury and change of situation.
Members failing to pay their fees on time may be suspended from the club. A notification will be given if the credit card registered for payments has insufficient funds or has expired. It is the member’s responsibility to notify the club, should this happen. This can also be done from the member portal.
International Transfer Certificate (ITC)
It is a requirement for all foreign national players, regardless of age, previous playing experience, or league, to have an International Transfer Certificate in order to play in EHA competitions. British Nationals returning from abroad to play in England will also require an ITC.
Unfortunately the club currently doesn’t have capacity to finance players’ International Transfers, so you might have to pay a fee to register with the EHA if your last official match for a club outside the UK was less than 2 years ago. The club has designated members to advise on costs and to process ITC requests, so please always check with us if in doubt.